Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Vacation. It's all I ever wanted.

Hopefully, the tune is now stuck in your heads.  I say "heads" with the assumption that anyone else is reading this, even though the little site meter I put on here only updates when I check for spelling mistakes.  According to the traffic meter, my blog is very popular with 34 year old males.  Named Todd. 

So... my girlfriend and I took a trip to Conneticut a few weeks ago to see my friends.  Good times were had, but it was just a weekend thing.  I needed a vacation.  So I took her to see Wicked in New York (it was awesome), and then we went to New Hope (PA) for 2 days.  On the way there, we decided to pull out the laptop (complete with GPS) and have it guide us safely to our destination.  One hour, 45 minutes away.  About an hour and a half into it, however, we notice signs for the Lincoln Tunnel.  I'm not Magellan, but I'm pretty sure that New York is not on the way to PA.  So I look at our GPS route a little more closely.  There is a "waypoint" in the middle of New York (leftover from the CT trip).  We are now 1 hour, 45 minutes away from New Hope. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for that fucking computer voice MOCKING us the entire way.  I half expected it to ask me to play thermonuclear war with it.  Day two of the vacation, and I need a vacation from my vacation already. 

No comments: